Torah on the Mountain
Matthew 5 - 7
In Torah on the Mountain, Yeshua gives an authoritative interpretation of Scripture. Rather than focusing on the debates over ritual purity that characterized the various sects of first-century Judaism, Yeshua focuses on the heart of the Torah; the heart of the Father. Yeshua's interpretation and teachings are vital for us to understand the will of the Father and how truly keep His Torah.
The Messianic Gospel Cycle is a series studying the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Acts from a Messiah-centered perspective. The cycle is divided up into 52 portions and is designed to be read over the course of a year. You can download the reading plan here.
This week, there was so much information and the words of Yeshua are so powerful that I was not able to finish everything within 1 hour. There is a second hour posted here for those who wish to dig deeper.
- The Gospel of Matthew: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary by Craig Keener
- Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament edited by Beale & Carson
- Matthew: Interpretation Commentary by Douglas Hare
- Matthew for Everyone, Part 1: Chapters 1–15 by NT Wright
- Lexham Septuagint
- "Matthew 5:17: “Destroy” the Law" by David Bivin
- "Matthew 5:19: The Importance of “Light” Commandments" by David Bivin
Please log in to your premium account to view the audio and video content