Torah Portion Tetsaveh
Exodus 27:20 - 30:10
This year we will be going through the Torah portion cycle with a short teachings under 30 minutes each. Included in this post are the Haftarah portion and the Echoes Through Scriptures from previous years.
In Tetsaveh, the Aaronic priesthood gets initiated. We will look at this ritual as a rites of passage as well as the reason how/why blood was used in the sacrificial system.
- Blood Ritual in the Hebrew Bible: Meaning and Power by William Gilders
- Blood Expiation in Hittite and Biblical Ritual by Yitzhaq Feder
Shalom! This is the twentieth portion in the Haftarah cycle where we will be discussing Ezekiel's Temple and its significance for the coming of Messiah Yeshua. This year we will be spending approximately one hour on each of the Haftarah portions and investigating them from their historical setting and their ancient Near Eastern context as well as making connections back to the Torah Portion. I pray that you will enjoy these teachings!
- The JPS Bible Commentary: Haftarot by Michael Fishbane]
- The IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament by John Walton
- Honor, Patronage, Kinship and Purity by David DeSilva
- Ancient Near Eastern Texts by James Pritchard
- Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary
In Tetsaveh, we will recap how Yeshua initiated the new exodus and the importance of him being the Temple/Tabernacle. We will then connect the hoshen, the High Priest's breastplate which contained the names of the 12 tribes of Israel to the restoration of the house of Israel in the Apostolic Writings.
- The Day the Revolution Began by NT Wright
- Ancient Near Eastern Text by Pritchard
- Acts and the Isaianic New Exodus by David Pao
Please log in to your premium account to view the audio and video content